The Franchise Division includes Inter IKEA Systems B.V., the owner of the IKEA Concept. Inter IKEA Systems B.V. franchises systems, methods and proven solutions to franchisees worldwide for the sale of IKEA products under the IKEA Trademarks. The Division has the overall responsibility to safeguard the continued success of the IKEA Concept throughout the world. The IKEA Concept rests on a firm foundation: a low-price offer in home furnishings. The three main components of the IKEA Concept are the IKEA product range; efficient systems, methods and proven solutions for marketing and sales; and the IKEA Symbols, of which the most important are the IKEA Trademarks.
As the franchisor, Inter IKEA Systems B.V. has the following main tasks:
- Expand the IKEA business by franchising
- Improve and develop the IKEA Concept
- Transfer IKEA know-how to IKEA retailers
- Monitor the implementation of the IKEA Concept
- Protect the IKEA Concept
IKEA franchisees implement the IKEA Concept by marketing and selling the IKEA product range. With the exception of the IKEA Delft store, all IKEA stores operate under franchise agreements with Inter IKEA Systems B.V. The IKEA franchisee has the responsibility to run, manage and develop their local business.
The Franchise Division also includes service companies and companies selling IKEA products to franchisees on certain markets.
- There are currently more than 330 IKEA stores in around 40 countries with sales totalling EUR 27,5 billion and more than 770 million visitors in business* year 2012
- More than 950 co-workers (FTE)
- The franchise division has specialist competence in areas such as marketing & sales, retail logistics, store design and establishment, communication & interior design, customer relations, market research, competitor monitoring, market surveillance of new and existing markets, logistics and media production
- Every year, more than 7,000 co-workers working under the IKEA Trademark take part in training programmes related to IKEA Concept know-how
- Market research surveys about the perception of the IKEA Trademark as well as customer satisfaction are conducted every year and results are shared with all IKEA retailers
- An extensive extranet consisting of IKEA Concept know-how products is provided to reach all co-workers working under the IKEA Trademark
- The corporate culture center - IKEA Tillsammans – in Älmhult, Sweden is operated by the Franchise Division
- Inter IKEA Systems B.V. owns and operates the IKEA Concept Center in Delft, the Netherlands including the IKEA Delft store
- The Head Office for Inter IKEA Systems B.V. is in Delft, the Netherlands
- The Franchise Division has presence in the Netherlands, Sweden, Belgium, Greece, Cyprus, Singapore and USA
- Head of Division is Thomas Bergström